Layers of Caramel Cake with Caramel and Apple filling, covered in caramel Italian Meringue buttercream.
|Yield: 1 – 8” cake||Prep Time: 30 min||Total Time: 2 hours|
- 2.5 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup + 1 Tb brown sugar
- 2 cups small-diced apples (granny smith)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups sifted flour
*OPTIONAL – Apple filling for spice cake: fills two 8” cakes
2 lbs. apples, peeled & diced
For apples: Add 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 Tb brown sugar, and apples to saucepan. Cook on medium until apples are done but not mushy. Do not over stir!
- Combine dry ingredients: salt, nutmeg, 1.5 tsp cinnamon, baking powder, and flour, and set aside.
- Combine vanilla, oil, sugar ½ cup brown sugar well, approx. 2 min. Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add dry ingredients to liquids in 3 parts until combined. Do not overmix!
- Fold apples into the batter, bake at 350° 45 – 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Fill with Caramel filling and ice with caramel buttercream of your choice.
Good luck! If you decided to try this super delicious apple caramel cake, tag CraziCakes on social media so we can share your creations.