CraziCakes’s special Coconut Cake Recipe.
Coconut Cake Recipe
|Yield: Two 8” layers||Prep Time: 20 minutes||Total Time: 50 minutes|
- 1 box Duncan Hines White cake mix
- 3 whole eggs
- 8 oz. Sour Cream
- 5 oz Coco Lopez Cream of Coconut
- ¼ cup oil
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 lb. powdered sugar
- 2 bags fresh frozen coconut
- 8 oz tub cool whip
- 1 bag flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare three 8” pans with pan release.
- Mix eggs, sour cream, oil, and cream of coconut. Add in cake mix and combine approx. 2-3 minutes.
- Divide into three 8” prepared pans evenly. Bake 30 – 35 minutes.
- Whip cream cheese until soft & fluffy.
- Add 1 tsp vanilla, 2 bags fresh frozen coconut, and slowly add powdered sugar.
- Gently fold in cool whip and refrigerate until cakes are completely cool, chilled, and ready to fill.
- Once cakes are chilled, remove from the fridge, fill and stack, saving enough for the outside of the cake.
- Cover the cake with remaining filling/icing and gently press flaked coconut into the sides. Cakes must be cold. This will be a little thinner than regular buttercream and it is a bit messy but worth it.
- Refrigerate overnight before serving.
Check out the Caramel Apple Cake Recipe here.